10 February 2012

Hiya!

So..a little about me and what I'm doing here...

My name is Beth..obviously..and my life is..well..chaotic..that explains the blog name, right?  I'm a 29yr old married mama of 2 (5 yr old daughter & 3yr old son). We live in the middle of nowhere in Central Texas, with our 7 dogs & 1 cat.  My husband is a manager in a mechanic/tire shop, and works a lot of hours, so I have a lot of time to fill!  I love to read, listen to music, digital scrapbook, and now, crochet! I tried to learn to knit when I was pregnant with my daughter, but it didnt take too well! My friend, Tish, started crocheting awhile back, and was always always talking about it, and pinning things on Pinterest, and she got me interested, and next thing you know, here I am!  I made scarves for my daughter, niece and nephew for Christmas, and have a hat in progress for my daughter currently...and a binder and a folder on my computer FULL of patterns I want to try!!!

Here are a few photos of the scarves I made & the hat in progress:

   
Both of these scarves are I Love This Yarn (my favorite yarn) from Hobby Lobby. The left is Beth's Garden (a combination of all of my daughters favorite colors, with MY name in it...I HAD to get it, right?!?!), the right is Sea Blue.
For this scarf I used Caron One Pound from Joann's in Soft Pink. (I won't use it again..it was not to my taste as far as softness goes..and felt icky while working with it.)  I did not use a pattern for any of these scarves, I just did single crochet, and did them to a thickness I thought was appropriate for the size of each child.

My daughter couldn't decide if she wanted pink or purple...so she's getting both! ;)  I'm using Vanna's Choice Rose Mist & Purple Mist.  This is the pattern I am using Quick Fix by Vallieskids.  It would be really fast & easy, but I can't seem to sit down and actually work on it without being interrupted 3094763097 times! Right now would be the perfect time to work on it, but my dogs actually will not leave me alone! I have one practically in my lap, and another is laying on my feet, and every few minutes one of them is upset with me about something or another and is moving around.  Unfortunately, the coyotes are being very loud tonight, so everytime they start to howl, both of them jump up barking, which is NOT helpful when I'm trying to crochet..my yarn is VERY tangled from Maddie getting tangled in both balls and sending them flying across the room earlier...and it took me about 20 minutes to find my crochet hook..which was behind the t.v. LOL

Well, I think that's it for tonight, it is almost 2am and I have no idea how it got to be this late...again!! But I have to get up early to get my daughter on the bus :(  We get up at 530 am :( and she has to be out at the bus stop at 6am to be on the bus at 610. Oh the joys of country living!

I hope everyone has a great day!!  Many Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment