02 October 2013

WIP Wednesday!

It's Work in Progress Wednesday!

What does that mean?  It means that on Wednesdays I will be blogging about my current projects in progress...whether they be spinning, crocheting, knitting, dyeing...or even something not yarn related.. (is there really such thing?!)

This week..well..if I'm going to hold myself TRULY accountable...then I have a LOT to show you! LOL  So, be warned this post is photo heavy!

Here we go, in no particular order...

My current FAVORITE shawl.."For the Love of a Hobbit", which is a crocheted shawl (Goldberry) by Michele DuNaier.  I am doing this shawl in 3 different shades of MadTosh DK, Windowpane, RainWater & Magenta.



This is BFL from On The Round, predrafted...and the spinning photo is done inside, with a flash, due to lack of light :/  the color is accurate in the first photo.


 I will use the handspun yarn to make a project for a friend in a secret swap on Ravelry.. 


Here we have what will be (if I finish it) my first knit shawl, Brass, Crass & Full of Sass. Also known as The Age of Brass & Steam by Orange Flower.  (my first bc I lost the Hitchhiker shawl I was doing..that sucker just DISAPPEARED!) But, I keep leaving this one at my mother-in-law's condo, so I haven't made any progress past this photo of knitting at the pool while my kids & husband swam.  This yarn is done in Manos Del Uruguay Silk Blend in Teal.
  

 Ahhh...and here is one of my favorites.."A Song of Friendship"... a Tunisian Crochet shawl, Raven's Song, in Before the Storm on Super Sparkle base, both by Julia W, aka Pandia's Jewels.

Here are the yarns for another project I am working on, but have BARELY started, a chevron cowl, for my friend Kari.  It is being done in Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn in 2 shades of gray, a black, a white, and a pink/black/gray/white variegated. 



I am also spinning a yarn for a friend, in the prettiest pink!  It's Cadillac Pinks luxury blend (merino & sparkles) by Dyeing For Colour. 


Ooooohhh, and here is "Team Cindy", which is for my good friend Tish's mom, who was diagnosed with cancer, and recently had a bone marrow transplant.  This is the First Love shawl by @Michele DuNaier, done in Naturally Caron Spa in Natural, and Premier Yarns Serenity Garden in Twilight, held together.

Ok, there are more, but I'm not sure if I should post them lol I'm getting a bit embarassed by how many WIP's I have! LOL


Another (first) First Love shawl, that after putting all but the last few rows on, I am not sure if I like it...so it's just been sitting there..for a few months lol


There are also, 2 more shawls that the patterns are by Michele DuNaier...they are both Amagansett Girl..for 2 different friends.  One is for my friend Dawn, in MadTosh Sport "Mare"...




And last, but not least, (because I refuse to post any more WIP's!) is Unicorn Sprinkles...which is a "Tea Wrap" by Lion Brand, done on Out of Step Dyeworks Silver Sparkle in Mall Rat..this one is a gift too.


So, here ya go, all (well, most!) of my WIP's, on one post...I hope by next wednesday to have finished or made good progress on a couple of these.  And hopefully have started the project in the handspun yarn at the very top. ;)  Shhhh! It's a secret what I'm making though!!  (It's for a secret swap.)  I'm also about to start ANOTHER shawl, for a gift for a swap I am in..but I haven't decided on the yarn yet.

Come join me, and my friends, in my Ravelry group for a CAL/KAL/PAL!  (Crochet-a-long, Knit-a-long, Project-a-long)

Until next time...........oh, and have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment